Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Outbreak of Rudolphism

About a week ago daughter Lise pointed out a red bump on her nose, which I’m sure felt as big as a crab apple.  I could hardly see it, and I certainly couldn’t feel her pain.  She wears discreet makeup, so perhaps I didn’t see it in all its glory.  Several days ago my nose began to feel a bit tender.  You should see it now!  My bump is as red as a beet, and I’m convinced it might glow in the dark.  I haven’t the courage to look.  For good measure, I put a dab of antibiotic ointment on it.  Half an hour later I got out my mineral makeup which I use about three times a year.  Now I look like I’ve stuck my nose in putty.  Which is better?  A red beacon in the night?  Or a fake putty nose?

1 comment:

  1. hmmm... i'm not sure which is better... maybe there's a 3rd option - wear a mask?? ;) no no i'm kidding... i have an outbreak on my forehead now (once a month it happens) so my sympathies - i completely understand...

    ReplyDelete