Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

Wild Kratts Come to PBS KIDS GO!

One of my favorite parts of my job is that I get to interview people who love making great shows for kids. This week, I was super excited to have the opportunity to interview Chris and Martin Kratt. 


My kids grew up with Kratt's Creatures and Zabomofoo. The shows made such an impression that when I told my kids that I was doing the interview, they not only cheered, but my 17-year-old asked me to see if we could get a signed autograph. Now that's something.


My 11-year-old and I tucked in to watch the screener sent to us by the public relations firm that set up the interview, and we were immediately hooked on the live action/animated episodes. I learned so much I had never known before. My husband wasn't going to watch with us, but as he wandered through the room, he, too, was hooked. He ended up sitting through both the episodes we were watching that night. 


The phone interview went smoothly, and the brothers were very fun to talk to. I know they had an insanely busy day, but they never made me feel rushed. And not only did they agree to send me an autographed image, but they actually sounded enthusiastic about it. What great guys. 


As a writer, I find it particularly hard to write about things I care about. You might think that would make it easier, but I actually agonize over each word, and articles I feel the most excited about often take two to three times as long as articles I'm not as invested in. This was one of those long ones.


Anyway, the Kratt brothers gave me enough information for at least two or three articles. You can find my first one on Suite 101. If you love animals, then this series is definitely worth looking into. These brothers are the best!


Oh, and by the way, if you and your kids are into gaming and learning about animals, check out the Wild Kratt website on the PBS KIDS GO! website. You can make your own avatar and collect power suits that'll give you powers you can use in other games.

No comments:

Post a Comment