Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Chocolate Conversation


In the office Margaret keeps telling me that Kevin is a stitch, but I haven’t had a chance to talk to him often enough to see his fun side firsthand.  Today I did.  When Kevin came up to the kitchen to get some soda, I asked, “You haven’t forgotten about the rum cake in the refrigerator, have you?”

He replied to my question, “I never forget about desserts.”

“I didn’t think I did, either, until I found a stash of chocolates one time,” I said.

He claimed, “I would NEVER forget about chocolate.  I remembered about the Halloween candy from last year.”

“What about it?”

“It was locked in the little home safe we have,” he replied.  I thought that was a bit extreme but didn’t say so.

“We just found the key for it.”

I asked, “Did the children remember?”

He said, “I don’t know.”

I thought about the ramifications of that for a moment and asked, “Have you been eating it?”

“Of course,” Kevin said.  “They don’t need it because they now have a new supply from this year.”

I laughed delightedly at this frank revelation and said I would have done the same thing.  He is a man I could see eye to eye to.

I said, “You may OD on it one of these days.”

“There is no chance of that,” he said.  “There isn’t much left.”

No comments:

Post a Comment