Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bluetooth !!!!!!



The post on which my new tooth will be attached was implanted in a short session.  Extracting a molar takes a lot longer than preparing to replace it.  The dental surgeon showed me a sample implant the first time I saw him months ago, which I remembered as looking metallic.  I had no reason to think one would look any different in my mouth.  For three days I wouldn’t let my tongue touch the area, nor would I let myself find an explorer and look.  Curiosity got the better of me, so I aimed the camera in my mouth.

Wow!!!!  Will you look at that!!!!  I have a BLUE TOOTH!!!!  For real!!!!!

I’ve heard about Bluetooth technology for years but never expected to see it inside my mouth.  What a shock!    Consulting The Wireless Directory, I learned that it was invented to rid us of wires connecting telephone accessories in 1994 and took off rapidly several years later.  It was named for a 10th century Danish Viking king, Harald Blatand (Bluetooth) -- a codename that stuck.  Moral: be careful when you are tempted to name anything in case it gets popular and becomes a ridiculous household name.

No comments:

Post a Comment